Residential Development Projects:
We provide a full range of survey services including topographic mapping, lot design, legal and engineering layout and final plan preparation.
- Several phases of Crown Isle development in Courtenay, B.C. including strata title townhouse project and residential lots using a block outline survey method.
- Lot design and legal survey of 740 hectare Phase 1 development consisting of 26 lots on the Malahat near Victoria.
We have worked on a number of small hydro projects as well as right of way and construction surveys for BC Hydro. We have provided survey services and expertise for all facets of these projects, from initial reconnaissance and mapping, through construction layout to the final legal surveys.
- Legal survey of 40 km transmission R/W from Ocean Falls to Bella Bella, BC
- All legal and engineering surveys for design and construction of generating facility on the Mamquam River near Squamish, BC. Work included precise surface and underground control survey for 3km tunnel.
- Detailed bathymetric survey of Takakia and Moresby Lakes and computations to determine volumes for proposed project to supplement storage for existing Mitchell Inlet generating station.
- Legal survey of 21 km transmission line from Benson Lake generating station to connect to BC Hydro grid near the Marble River.
First Nations Projects:
We have worked on many projects for the Federal government and individual Bands throughout BC. Boundary surveys and legal surveys for housing comprise most of the work, as well as topographic site plans for engineering design.
- Nisga'a Land Claim Surveys - completed three contracts for survey of perimeter boundaries of Core Lands in the Nass Valley. Work involved GPS control, boundary restoration, monumentation and linecutting. Trained local Nisga'a crews to assist in the field surveys.
- Completed GPS control surveys and compilation of cadastral boundaries for Bella Coola and Bella Bella IR's.
Control Survey Projects:
When the Provincial government contracted mapping control surveys in the early 1980's we completed a number of projects throughout BC in support of their 1:5000 scale mapping program. We have been involved in GPS technology since 1987 and now have four complete RTK (real-time kinematic) systems capable of centimetre accuracy in real time.
- Completed GPS control survey, photo targeting and cadastral ties for TRIM project on 150,000 sq. km of northern BC. D.C. Bazett was project manager and provided field staff as part of a consortium of survey firms.
- Completed control survey for Integrated Survey Areas at Ladysmith and Alberni BC
- Field control for digital mapping of 120km section of Inland Island Highway
Boundary Survey Projects:
We have extensive experience in re-tracement of very old surveys and have worked in rugged terrain throughout BC. We operate our own Cessna 185 floatplane for access to remote locations and are self-sufficient with camp equipment, inflatable boats, radios, etc.
- Legal survey of 3300ha. block near the SE corner of Strathcona park for a land exchange with Weyerhauser Corp.
- Numerous boundary retracement surveys on timbered properties throughout BC including 2000 hectares on Denman Island, 1200 hectares in the Bella Coola Valley and 1800 hectares on the Malahat.
- GPS control and retracement of 20km of TFL boundary on northern Vancouver Island.
Bathymetric Survey Projects:
We have a fully integrated system which uses our GPS equipment for positioning and is linked to a Knudsen Engineering 320 BP digital sounder. This sounder is capable of measuring open ocean depths and has a dual frequency transponder for a wide range of applications. Data is automatically collected and processed in a rugged Pentium laptop.
- Bathymetric surveys of numerous salmon farm sites.
- Bathymetric survey of Stump Lake west of Quesnel for design of water intake.
- Detailed bathymetric survey and site plan of harbour at Port Simpson, BC for marine facility design by engineer.
Engineering and Construction Surveys
We have specialized equipment for precise angle and distance measurement and have a wide range of experience for various clients.
- Provided survey control for construction of bulk fuel facility and barge dock at Port Hardy, BC including control for underwater drilling and steel pile installation.
- Provided precise construction layout for several projects at the Port Alice Mill.
- Provided construction control for installation of in-pit crusher and conveyor system.